Looking back at the preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
In the beginning of my media product from the creation of the college magazine I felt that I have progressed. In the college magazine I did not use as many features, and my college magazines house style wasn't aesthetically pleasing towards the target audience who were college students.
In accordance to my final media product which is the BlackHeart publication, I feel as if it more professional as all the features are applied within the magazine front cover such as using, a free giveaway, main cover line, different fonts, a relatable colour scheme and a professional photograph of the cover star.
My contents page for the college magazine was also not good as it lacked a lot of features, the layout was not considered reasonable for the target audience and the colour scheme didn't go well as it didn't follow up with the colour scheme and house style which was used in the college magazine front cover.
In relation to my final contents page product, I have added several more feature as well as this all boxes are aligned to fill in white space which is important as it gives a well organised layout as well as appearance. I feel as if I have learnt as I progressed from the preliminary tasks in to the final product as a change can be seen also I have learnt how to apply the conventional features appropriately to the contents page and added a bit extra from looking at my case studies which was subscription and an editors letter.
I have used Photoshop for both my college magazine and final media product. I feel as if I have learnt how to use more technical tools than the college magazine I created before, such as adding stroke, shadows and manipulating various features.
I feel as if I have learnt how to use the correct journalistic in association with my target audience, as they're more formal than informal. The journalistic language is also clear and gives direct details and attention towards the audience, as I have also used double page spread conventional features such as the use of pull quotes, appropriate suitable and clear font styles, and the use original images.
Overall, I think I have learnt a lot since the preliminary task as my skills in using different software's and programmes such as Photoshop and InDesign as during the preliminary task I wasn't able to use the tools as I struggled a lot, however now I am able to use both programmes as I have used it several times from preliminary task to the full product.
No comments:
Post a Comment